Friday, June 28, 2013

Meet Jill Frankenthaler

Jill Frankenthaler, Account Manager/Intern



Name: Jill Frankenthaler
School: University of Pittsburgh
Major: Marketing with a minor in Studio Art and Digital Media Certificate
Activities: Gamma Sigma Sigma – Community Service Sorority, Delta Sigma Pi – Professional Fraternity

1. Who has been the most influential person in your life? 

“My dad is the most influential person in my life because his whole life has been about helping people. He was a volunteer fireman, and now works as a surgeon for cancer patients. He has always gone above and beyond to be the best parent.”

2. What is your favorite aspect of the Management Training Program?

“My favorite part about the Management Training Program is learning the entirety of the business from the ground up. It’s really motivating to see other people get promoted to management.”

3. What was your previous work experience before joining BBS?

“Before I began working for BBS I held a wide variety of different positions. I work for The Pitt News (school newspaper), Camp Grossman, as a Sales Assistant at Marshalls, and I also worked at a Nanny.”

4. What do you like to do during your free time? 

“In my free time I really enjoy staying active. I like to run, shop, and watch movies.”

5. What is the best advice you have received from someone here? 

“My co-workers and Managers are great at always giving me great advice. The most motivating advice that I have gotten recently is to not be afraid to ask questions. Being a great student is a huge part of being successful in this business.”

6. What are some of your goals for 2013?

“For 2013 my main focus to graduate from my college, the University at Pittsburgh. After school my plan is to return to BBS next spring and continue to teach others within the company. I have put in a lot of hard work throughout my time here, and look forward to progressing my career in the future.”

7. What are some of the obstacles that you have been faced with in the company? How did you overcome those obstacles? 

“The biggest obstacle I have faced so far has been dealing. Although it is a fairly common obstacle, people definitely tackle it in different ways. I always remind myself to stay positive, surround myself with people who will motivate me, and never give up.”