Monday, April 1, 2013

Meet George Whitelaw



George Whitelaw, Corporate Sales Trainer



School:
Gettysburg College
Major:
Psychology
Sports:
Golf

Started with BBS Inc. in August of 2012


        1. Who has been the most influential person in your life?

    "My dad has been the most influential person in my life because of how hardworking and motivated he is. I am inspired to be just like my dad because I have seen how successful he is. I tend to have a ‘think bigger’ mind set when looking in the future, and that has a lot to do with my dad’s impact on my life."

        2. What is your favorite aspect of the management training program?
    "My favorite part of the management training programing is having the ability to run your own office someday. Working hard now and seeing the success to management in the long run is a focus that I think about each day to keep my motivation."

        3. What was your previous work experience before joining BBS?
    "Prior to BBS. Inc., I worked at the Duxbury Yacht Club Golf Course, where I managed and maintained drive rang operations, worked in the golf pro shop, and organized tee times. Golf is a big part of my life and has been for a while now."

        4. What do you like to do during your free time?
    "I love to golf; it’s definitely one of my favorite hobbies. At Gettysburg I was a three time varsity gold letter recipient as well as Captain during my senior year. I also love to travel, I am very active, and I enjoy spending time with my friends and family."

        5. What is the best advice you have received from someone here?
    "The best advice that I have received from members of BBS, Inc. is that this will be hard, but in the long run it will all be worth it. I just have to remember to stay motivated and positive."

        6. What are some of your goals for 2013?
    "My main goal for 2013 is to make it to management. I know that with my hard work and dedication I will be happy with the successes that come along with reaching management."

        7. What are some of the obstacles that you have been faced with in the company?
        How did you overcome those obstacles?
    "The most common obstacle that I have faced during my time here was the times in which I was not making sales. I found ways like coming in early for one on one meetings with management or other leaders to find out how I can improve. I always have a great positive attitude in the office, and really felt that others helped to inspire and keep me motivated. Now I am in the lead for the number one spot for the most sales done in 13 consecutive days, which is a huge and exciting accomplishment for me!"