Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Meet Jo Stuart


Joseph Stuart, Corporate Sales Trainer
 
 

School:
Boston College
Major:
Political Science

Started in December 2012


    1. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
    "The most influential person in my life has been my mother. She is extremely hardworking and independent, which has rubbed off on me. She started her own business with determination and courageous attitude."

    2. What is your favorite aspect of the management training program?
    "My favorite aspect of the management training program is the ability to train others. I love the opportunity that this program has provided for me, it’s such a high energy, fun, team oriented work environment that I haven’t really seen in other offices."

    3. What was your previous work experience before BBS?

    "Before BBS, I worked at the school recreational department for Boston College."

    4. What do you like to do in your free time?
    "In my free time I enjoy playing basketball, and hanging out with friends and family."

    5. What is the best advice you have received from someone here?
    "The best advice I have received from someone here was to have personal goals so that you can use that focus as motivation. I always hold myself accountable if I don’t reach these goals and it helps to make them specific so that I know what I’m working towards."

    6. What are some of your goals for 2013?
    "Some of my goals for 2013 are to have four leaders on my crew. I also hope to be pushing for assistant management by the end of summer."

    7. What are some of the obstacles that you have been faced with in the company? How did you overcome those obstacles?
"Some obstacles that I faced in the beginning was having a hard time staying motivated when I was by myself. I also struggled when my production wasn’t at its best. I took advice from pre- management meetings, and reached out to other leaders for one on ones. I also tried to think positive and to have a good attitude. Interacting with my fellow employees has helped a tremendous amount to regain confidence when things got tough."