Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Meet Tarik Zavala


Tarik Zavala, Corporate Sales Trainer
 
 
School: Bentley University
Major: Marketing
 
Started in July 2012
    1. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
     
    "The most influential person in my life is Rob Burton Sr.; he is the first draft pick of the New England Patriots. He started the camp that I used to go to when I was younger called the Ron Burton Training Village, a camp designed to give inner city kids opportunities to succeed. It helped me personally financially, athletically, and educationally.
     
    2.What is your favorite aspect of the management training program?
     
    "My favorite aspect of the management training program is the ability to self-develop. This program has provided me with the structure to become an entrepreneurship. The support, camaraderie, and mentorship have helped me to become successful."
     

    3. What was your previous work experience before BBS?
     
    "Prior to working at BBS, I worked at a third party call center that sold on behalf of the major telecommunication companies in the nation known as One Touch Direct."
     
     
    4. What do you like to do in your free time?
     
    "In my free time I love to run, play videogames, and go to the beach."
     

    5. What is the best advice you have received from someone here?
     
    "The best advice that I have received from someone is that it comes within. Success happens by digging deep down inside. I remind myself that every day to keep myself motivated."
     

    6. What are some of your goals for 2013?
     
    "My goals for 2013 are to be an assistant manager by August, and incorporated by the end of the year. I know if I continue to work hard and remind myself of my goals each day I will accomplish them."

    7. What are some obstacles that you have been faced with in the company? How did you overcome those obstacles? 

"Some of the obstacles that I faced were losing motivation and attitude when I first started. I know now that attitude is everything. I set smart goals that are specific and set myself too much higher standards then when I first started so I know I must reach them. I have to continually remind myself to work the systems better, and continue to reach out to leaders and management for one on ones."