Thursday, April 4, 2013

Time to meet the girls behind the scenes!

Micaela Hill, HR Director
 
 

School:
New England College
Major:
Sociology
Minor: Sociology and Criminal Justice

Started in July 2012
    1. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
    "Definitely my mom. My mom is extremely hard working and driven. She has taught me the importance of being strong, successful and independent. My mother always pushed me to work hard which motivated me to prove to her that I could."

    2. Why did you choose human resources?
    "I chose human resources because I truly enjoy interacting with people and getting a feel for what they are looking for. Everyone is from different backgrounds and has a different story and I love being able to be a part of providing them with a new opportunity."

    3. What do you like to do in your free time?
    "My favorite thing to do in the summer time is go to the beach! In the winter it would definitely be to go snowboarding. In general I would say that I just love to travel, shop and spend time with my family and friends."

    4. What is the best advice you have received from someone here?

    "I think that the best advice that someone has given to me since working here is to always maintain a positive attitude and to think in a big picture mindset."

    5. What is your favorite quote?
    "Opportunity is like the sunrise, if you wait too long you will miss it." – William Arthur Ward
     
    Brianna Eigabroadt, PR Director
 
 

School:
Keene State College
Major:
Political Science
Minor: Environmental Studies

Started in October 2012

    1. Who has been the most influential person in your life?

    "Honestly, that is a pretty difficult question for me to answer because I feel like I have been influenced by many people just in different ways. However, if I were to have to choose one I would say my Dad. I find it very admirable that he not only believes in the right things, but he stands up for what he believes in. He has always had a strong sense of right and wrong and I think that this is where I myself get the same qualities."

    2. Why did you choose public relations?

    "I chose PR because it is a great way to utilize and combine things that I excel in, things that I enjoy doing, and certain qualities that I have. I love to write/research, enjoy interacting with people and at times I can be very creative! PR allows me to combine it all."

    3. What do you like to do in your free time?
    "I am really close with my family and friends so I try to spend as much time as possible with them. Aside from that I love to do things outside like hike in the fall and spring, or go the beach in the summer. I actually also really enjoy reading and of course I love to shop!"

    4. What is the best advice you have received from someone here?
     
    "The best advice that has really resonated with me is that you should focus on your strengths rather than dwell on ones weaknesses. I think that it’s all too easy for people to say that they are not good at something when what should be said is how great you are at something else."

    5. What is your favorite quote?
"Right now I am kind of fascinated with Winston Churchill’s quote on success- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."