Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Meet Jordan Karp


Jordan Karp, Corporate Sales Trainer
 
 

School:
University of Vermont
Major:
Public Communications
 
Started in June 2012 
 
           1. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
    "The most influential people in my life have been my parents. They have taught me to how get stuff done on time, but to still have fun. They have pushed me to be the determined individual I am today."

    2. What is your favorite aspect of the management training program?

    "My favorite aspect of the management trainee program is the opportunity that BBS provides to their employees. The chance to be your own boss if you work hard enough most definitely stands out to me."
     
    3. What was your previous work experience before BBS?

    "Prior to working at BBS, I worked as a sales and marketing associate for Urban Adventurer."
     
    4. What do you like to do in your free time?
     
    "In my free time I love to go to the movies, read, hang out with friends, and snowboard in the winter."
     
    5. What is the best advice you have received from someone here?

    "The best advice that I have received is to believe in the systems that the company teaches us and everything will work. Having Managers and other leaders remind me to keep things simple and to trust myself and success will come is also great advice."
     
    6. What are some of your goals for 2013?
     
    "My goals for 2013 are to open up my office in December. I’m not exactly sure where, I thought about New York, but I’m still undecided."
     
    7. What are some obstacles that you have been faced with in the company? How did you overcome those obstacles?
"One of the obstacles that I faced when I first started was that I wasn’t committing to the process. I overcame this by committing myself by setting small goals and being sure to reach them. I make sure that I hold myself accountable for any goals that I don’t meet. I always remember to give 110 percent and to keep a good attitude. The managers and leaders of BBS have done an amazing job in helping me keep the right attitude to stay determined."